Pages

Sunday 31 May 2009

quiet but busy!

oops ... i was supposed to update this right? Been a bit busy the last few months - new job - holiday planning - trying to tidyup the place - trying to use up scraps- buying more fabric!!!
A few weeks ago I was getting ready to migrate my sewing junk pile corner into a new cupboard and I decided instead of putting everything straight in there I would sort things out and finish things! As a result I found I had some old cut up sheets, a pair of pjs with an unfortunate rip, binding and scraps left over from a view different projects. The result .... and a chance to practice my applique - some cute little kimonos and pillowcase dresses made using the patterns of Habitual at http://habitual.wordpress.com/.

First up we have thekimonos. The cute butterfly material is my friends pj pants. So I gave it back to her to give to a high school friend of ours that just had a baby. My friend also took a few more to give as presents! I made them all the smallest size so they are for 6 months olds. Others have been given away and I have 2 left waiting in my emergency gift pile.

Butterflies and Windmills
Balloons, Dots and Diamonds


Kites, Butterflies and Dots

Next is the pillowcase dresses. I made these for 18 month olds - as I calculated when it hits summer in Australia again my beautiful god-daughter Zoe should fit into them. And the brilliant thing is that when they no longer fit as a dress they should fit as a top! So the butterflies and the pink damask went to Zoe and the others are in the emergency present pile. (the dresses would probably look better modelled - but alas - don't know many 18 month old in the same city as me!)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You won my blog giveaway. Please email me (see blog) to forward me your name and postal address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOUR A WINNER! i hope that you are reading your comments. i couldn't find your email listed anywhere. let me know before weds. your address so i can mail your sewing goodies, otherwise i have to redraw!

    thanks for playing over at sneezerville.

    ReplyDelete