Pages

Monday 6 January 2014

A + A Quilt

Finally a quilty finish for me! It was a few months late for the actual wedding but I was determined to finish my sister-in-laws wedding quilt before the end of the year - and I did!



I started doing the Sew Mama Sew Modern Block of the Month2, designed by Alyssa Litcher from Pile O Fabric. It was always intended for my sis-in-law but I needed an extra 3 blocks to make it big enough. So I did my favourite "A" "+" "A" blocks. Purple is their favourite colour and I had somehow amassed a lovely array of grey fabric. Each block has a different grey in it. While the A + A have all of the colours I used.



The back is an appliqued heart on top of 4 fabrics which I think represent the couple perfectly. Mrs A - loves life and elephants, so she got little hearts and of course little elephants. Mr A is a bit of a computer....errrr....gamer so he got keyboard and he also loves photography so he got some cameras.


I free motioned the  heck out of this baby and I love how nice and soft it washed up! I still haven't given it to them yet but I hope they love it!

And of course I need to include a photo of the lovely flowergirl and her spunky brother (not that I am biased in the slightest). Both in handmade outfits. Miss E is wearing the Peekaboo Dress (pattern from Betty Kingston) and the pettiskirt from hell containing 90 yards of ruffling. Mr C is in a re-purposed mens dress pants turned into the Quick Change Pants (pattern by Anna Maria Horner) and appliqued vest and a sewn on bow-tie.



And extra bonus is that I actually had a finish on my FAL Quarter 4 list! Yay! My original list is here.


she can quilt


1 comment:

  1. This quilt is wonderful, I love it. What a great finish!

    ReplyDelete