Pages

Sunday 26 January 2014

Yellow and Grey...

Sometimes you just need a quick and simple quilt to do. I think as I get more confident with different skills I just focus on the more complicated piecing (which is fun but certainly more time consuming!). I had just got back from a mothers group playdate and cursed myself for still not having made a quilt for a new bubba of one of my group who I had promised one to. I was scrolling through bloglovin and saw the As Easy as ABC QAL from Blossom Heart Quilts. Instant inspiration! I would spell out his name with the blocks.



I knew the colours of his room were yellow and grey so I dove into my stash and found some cute contenders! I trimmed all the blocks to 8" x 10" and quickly pieced the top and back in one night! 



I quilted it in a wonky chevron, marking the lines with my Hera marker ( which is my new favourite tool!) and bound it in a light grey.



I love a quick finish! Now I can't wait to see them again to give it to him!

1 comment: